Miami airport map
Map of Miami airport. Miami airport map (Florida - USA) to print. Miami airport map (Florida - USA) to download. Miami airport opened to flights in 1928 as Pan American Field as its mentioned in Miami airport map, the operating base of Pan American Airways Corporation, on the north side of the modern airport property. After Pan Am acquired the New York, Rio, and Buenos Aires Line it shifted most of its operations to the Dinner Key seaplane base, leaving Pan Am Field largely unused until Eastern Air Lines began flying there in 1934, followed by National Airlines in 1937. Today, more European carriers serve Miami International Airport than any other airport in the United States, except New York City John F. Kennedy.
Concourse E has two bus stations and 18 gates as you can see in Miami airport map: E2, E4-E11, E20-E25, E30, E31, E33. Concourse E also dates back to the terminal's 1959 opening, and was originally known as Concourse 4. From the start, it was the airport only international concourse, containing its own immigration and customs facilities. In the 1960s it underwent some minor renovations similar to the airport other original concourses, but did not receive its first major addition until the opening of the International Satellite Terminal in 1976. Featuring Gates E20-E35 (commonly known as "High E"), the satellite added 12 international gates capable of handling the largest jet aircraft as well as an international intransit lounge for arriving international passengers connecting to other international flights.
Concourse F has one bus station and 19 gates as its shown in Miami airport map: F3-F12, F14-F23. Concourse F dates back to 1959 and was originally known as Concourse 3. Like Concourses D and E, it received minor renovations in the 1960s and was largely rebuilt in the 1980s. The gates at the far end of the pier were demolished and replaced by new widebody Gates F10 to F23, all of which were capable of processing international arrivals. The departure lounges for Gates F3, F5, F7, and F9 were also rebuilt, and these also became international gates. Currently the concourse retains a distinctly 1980s feel, and is part of the Central Terminal area. The south side of the concourse was used by Northeast Airlines until its 1972 merger with Delta Air Lines. Likewise, National Airlines flew out of the north side of Concourse F until its 1980 merger with Pan Am, which continued to use the concourse until its 1991 shutdown.
Concourse G has one bus station and 15 gates as you can see in Miami airport map: G2-G12, G14-G16, G19. Concourse G is the only one of the original 1959 concourses that has largely remained in its original state, save for the modifications the rest of the airport received in the 1960s. It is the only concourse at the airport not capable of handling international arrivals, though it is frequently used for departing international charters. At its peak, Concourse B had one bus station and 12 gates: B1, B2-B12, B15. Concourse B was constructed in the 1970s for Eastern Air Lines as part of the airport ambitions "Program 70" initiative, and first opened in 1983. During the 1980s, the existing concourse was rebuilt and expanded, and a new immigration and customs hall was built in the Concourse B section of the terminal, allowing the concourse to process international arrivals.